[C-prog-lang-l] Missing info in assignment

Jan Pechanec jp at devnull.cz
Sun Jun 9 17:03:37 CEST 2019

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019, DWaloszek at seznam.cz wrote:

>Hello all,
>

>I made a program, and it didn't work with tests - it got stuck after
>starting 1st test.
>
>The problem was that my program didn't care about reading EOF (it was
>reading input lines using fgetc) - the program was set to end only when read
>"p" command. But ed behavior is that it ends when encountering EOF.
>

>This is important information that wasn't written in assignment (and isn't
>intuitive, at least for me).
>
>Maybe it will help some of you with debugging.

I don't intend to sound sarcastic but the class abstract says:

	It assumes some familiarity with basic programming concepts
	like variables, assignment statements, loops, and functions.

I'd stress the "basic programming concepts".

We didn't expect we needed to stress in the assignment that if you
reach the end of input, you will not end up in an infinite loop.

Regards, JP.

--
Jan Pechanec <jp (at) devnull (dot) cz>
http://www.devnull.cz