[C-prog-lang-l] self study

Vladimír Kotal vlada at kotalovi.cz
Tue Feb 22 10:38:51 CET 2022

Hi all,

yesterday someone raised a question about self study, i.e. learning the C language (which is the goal, right ?) while not attending the classes. This is certainly possible. In fact, it should arguably be the primary way how to approach the subject, because we can cover only limited content during the lectures.

I'd like to stress one thing - when learning a new language (not necessarily a programming language), it is paramount to establish a regular practice. For our subject, this means writing (and debugging !) programs frequently. What is the right frequency is up to you, depending on the desired profficiency level etc. Especially initially, writing a program or two per week (for example) will not cut it for most.

Best regards,

V. Kotal